This Week’s Baby Beat: April 4th-11th
Apr 11, 2010 07:31 PM
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
- Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody (aka, Brook Busey) recently confirmed that she and husband Dan are expecting their first. With all the teenage female angst she’s written about, Cody may well be hoping for a boys!
- Robin Thicke and wife Paula Patton have news to sing about! The couple welcomed Julian Fuego April 6th, a few weeks earlier than his anticipated May delivery.
- Comics Unleashed host Byron Allen and his wife, Jennifer Lucas, welcomed their second daughter, Olivia Rose, on April 7th. Olivia joins big sister Chloe Ava, 19 months, in ruling the Lucas household.
- Dawson’s all grown up! Dawson’s Creek alum James Van Der Beek and his girlfriend, Kimberly Brook, are expecting their first baby this fall.
- Former LA Sparks star Lisa Leslie and her husband, Michael Lockwood, welcomed their second child on April 6th. Michael Joseph Lockwood II (who’ll go by MJ) weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. MJ is the first boy in an until-now all-girl family. Big sister Lauren Jolie (2.5 years) will make a great playmate, while Mikaela (15) and Gabrielle (18) — Lockwood’s children from a previous marriage — might come in handy as babysitters.
- Seriously, Grey’s Anatomy writers might need to write a nanny into the script. Joining an ever-lengthening list of Grey‘s moms, Jessica Capshaw recently announced that she and husband Christopher Gavigan are expecting their second child later this year. The couple are already parents to 2.5-year-old son Luke.
- Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath may be singing about how sweet life is. In addition to recently becoming engaged to long-time girlfriend Carin Kingsland, McGrath also learned that he’s going to be a first-time dad! The couple are expecting fraternal twins in May.