Last month, Irish band Westlife released their Greatest Hits album. But they may have missed a big one by just a few short weeks! Member Kian Egan welcomed his first baby today with wife Jodi Albert. Kian announced the arrival of son Koa on the band’s Facebook page, writing, “Our Little baby Boy “Koa” was born today at 6.10pm. Jodi is an amazing woman. Love them both so much. Both doing amazing, so proud.”
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
• Jennifer Gareis of The Bold and The Beautiful announced that she and fiancé Bobby Ghassemieh are expecting their first (a boy) early this summer.
• Another daytime regular — Rebecca Herbst, who plays Elizabeth on General Hospital — is looking forward to parenthood! This newest baby will make three for Herbst and her husband, Michael Saucedo.
• From the small screen to the silver screen, baby news is everywhere! James McAvoy and his wife, Anne-Marie Duff, announced that they’re expecting their first, although they left us hanging for further details.
• Diego Luna, who’s been promoting his recent film Abel, announced that he and wife Camila Sodi are expecting their second child. The newest Luna will join big brother Jerónimo, who is 17 months old.
• Yet another NASCAR baby is on the way! This one belongs to Juan Pablo Montoya, who recently Tweeted that he and wife Connie are expecting their third child in July.
Shane Filan and his wife, Gillian, recently welcomed their third bundle of joy, but they’re not ones to hoard their blessings. While Filan is certainly enjoying the family’s newest arrival — Shane Peter, who was born January 22nd — he and his Westlife bandmates are also teaming up with Haiti Earthquake Appeal to release a charity single. The band, along with other stars, will cover REM’s “Everybody Hurts.” Once that’s wrapped, Filan will no doubt be back home to spend time with little Shane and his older siblings, Patrick Michael (16 months) and Nicole Rose (4.5 years).