Carl Edwards and his wife, Kate, welcomed their first child on February 24th. Anne Edwards weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces. The NASCAR driver announced the news via his Facebook page and said that Anne likes to “eat and cry” and Kate is “doing great.” Unless another driver decides to enter the fray, the NASCAR baby race has passed to Juan Pablo Montoya and Jimmie Johnson, who are both anticipating July babies.
Something is flying around the NASCAR tracks these days, and it isn’t race cars! Shortly after fellow racers Juan Pablo Montoya and Jimmie Johnson announced their baby news, Jeff Gordon has come forward with baby news of his own! Gordon announced today on his Web site that he and wife Ingrid Vandebosch are expecting their second child. Ingrid, who’s 12 weeks pregnant, is due with baby #2 in August. Gordon also mentioned that Ella Sophia, who’ll turn 3 in June, is very excited about becoming a big sister.
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
• Jennifer Gareis of The Bold and The Beautiful announced that she and fiancé Bobby Ghassemieh are expecting their first (a boy) early this summer.
• Another daytime regular — Rebecca Herbst, who plays Elizabeth on General Hospital — is looking forward to parenthood! This newest baby will make three for Herbst and her husband, Michael Saucedo.
• From the small screen to the silver screen, baby news is everywhere! James McAvoy and his wife, Anne-Marie Duff, announced that they’re expecting their first, although they left us hanging for further details.
• Diego Luna, who’s been promoting his recent film Abel, announced that he and wife Camila Sodi are expecting their second child. The newest Luna will join big brother Jerónimo, who is 17 months old.
• Yet another NASCAR baby is on the way! This one belongs to Juan Pablo Montoya, who recently Tweeted that he and wife Connie are expecting their third child in July.