This Week’s Baby Beat
Jan 24, 2010 by Sarah C.
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
• Monica Bellucci, who costars in this summer’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and her husband Vincent Cassel are expecting their second! Baby number two is due this spring.
• Fatboy Slim was rocking the baby beat this week. He and wife Zoe Ball welcomed Nelly May Lois on January 11th.
• Jillian Barberie Reynolds also had a January 11th baby: Rocco Rio.
• Sean Patrick Thomas is saving another dance for a second baby, who’s due in June.
• Greg Vaughan and Touriya Haoud welcomed their second baby boy, Cavan Thomas, on January 19th.
• As the World Turns star Paolo Seganti added a fifth baby to his brood. Daughter Lucia was born last month on December 20th.
• Bo Bice and wife Caroline added a bass player to the Bice Brothers Band: Ean Jacob was born on January 22nd.
• It was a big week at the races! NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson and his wife, Chandra, announced they’re expecting their first baby in July. Meanwhile, Indy racer Justin Wilson and his wife Julia welcomed their second daughter, Jessica Lynne Wilson, on January 12th. Little Jessica, who weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces, was also welcomed by bib sis Jane Louise (21 months).
This week the babies ended in a tie: three boys to three girls! And nature-inspired names are really hot! Congrats to all the new parents!
Grant Reynolds and Jillian Barberie Reynolds
The Good Day L.A. anchor said during a recent call to her co-anchors that her fears over having a Cesarean section were baseless. Jillian Barberie Reynolds and her husband, Grant, welcomed Rocco Rio on January 11th. Baby boy weighed in at 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Big sister Ruby Raven, 2.5 years, had to wait a few days to meet her baby brother, though. Hospital policy prevented children from visiting during flu season.