James Van Der Beek is a dad again! The actor and his wife Kimberly welcomed their third baby — a daughter — at home on January 25th. Van Der Beek took to Twitter to share the happy news: “Outnumbered by kids, outnumbered by girls, outlandishly grateful and thrilled… Watch out world, VDB baby #3 made her debut last night :)” The couple are already parents to 3-year-old Olivia and almost-2-year-old Joshua. Late night daddy duties aren’t Van Der Beek’s only project these days, though: his latest acting project, Friends With Better Lives, is set to premiere on March 31st.
James Van Der Beek, whose new show Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23 begins next month on ABC, and his wife Kimberly welcomed their second child earlier this month. The couple’s son was born on March 13th, but they’ve only recently revealed his name. Joshua and big sister Olivia make up the Van Der Beek’s dynamic duo.
It’s a boy for Dawson’s Creek alum James Van Der Beek. Van Der Beek and his wife Kimberly welcomed their second child today. Van Der Beek announced his son’s arrival on Twitter, saying, “Had my first son this morning… well, actually, my wife had him. I just caught him. Wow. Heart expanding way faster than my brain…” Baby boy, whose name has not yet been announced, joins big sister Olivia, 17 months, in the Van Der Beek household. In addition to daddy duties, Van Der Beek has been keeping busy with his new TV series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23, which premieres April 11th on ABC.
James Van Der Beek and his wife Kimberly welcomed their first baby, Olivia, 13 months ago. Little Olivia must be one sweet little girl, because the couple area already looking at baby #2! The former Dawson’s Creek star announced the news via his Twitter feed earlier this week, but didn’t share any details on when the new baby may arrive or whether it will be a boy or a girl.
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes James Van Der Beek with a baby carriage! Yes, the past year has definitely been an eventful one for the Dawson’s Creek and Mercy alum. Van Der Beek’s divorce to his first wife, Heather McComb, was finalized, he and his current wife, Kimberly Brook Van Der Beek, wed in August, and their first child was born over the weekend! Little Olivia, who weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces, was born September 25th.
James Van Der Beek, who got his big break as Dawson on Dawson’s Creek, announced earlier this year that he and girlfriend Kimberly Brook were expecting. Now we know what colors they’ll be using in the nursery! The couple’s baby girl is expected later this fall. Van Der Beek, who most recently appeared in NBC’s Mercy, and Brook haven’t decided on a name yet, but Brook told PEOPLE that the couple are taking suggestions.
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
- Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody (aka, Brook Busey) recently confirmed that she and husband Dan are expecting their first. With all the teenage female angst she’s written about, Cody may well be hoping for a boys!
- Robin Thicke and wife Paula Patton have news to sing about! The couple welcomed Julian Fuego April 6th, a few weeks earlier than his anticipated May delivery.
- Comics Unleashed host Byron Allen and his wife, Jennifer Lucas, welcomed their second daughter, Olivia Rose, on April 7th. Olivia joins big sister Chloe Ava, 19 months, in ruling the Lucas household.
- Dawson’s all grown up! Dawson’s Creek alum James Van Der Beek and his girlfriend, Kimberly Brook, are expecting their first baby this fall.
- Former LA Sparks star Lisa Leslie and her husband, Michael Lockwood, welcomed their second child on April 6th. Michael Joseph Lockwood II (who’ll go by MJ) weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. MJ is the first boy in an until-now all-girl family. Big sister Lauren Jolie (2.5 years) will make a great playmate, while Mikaela (15) and Gabrielle (18) — Lockwood’s children from a previous marriage — might come in handy as babysitters.
- Seriously, Grey’s Anatomy writers might need to write a nanny into the script. Joining an ever-lengthening list of Grey‘s moms, Jessica Capshaw recently announced that she and husband Christopher Gavigan are expecting their second child later this year. The couple are already parents to 2.5-year-old son Luke.
- Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath may be singing about how sweet life is. In addition to recently becoming engaged to long-time girlfriend Carin Kingsland, McGrath also learned that he’s going to be a first-time dad! The couple are expecting fraternal twins in May.
The Dawson’s Creek alum is currently appearing on NBC’s Mercy and recently finalized his divorce to ex-wife Heather Ann McComb. That might be enough excitement for some people. But not for James Van Der Beek! Nope — he’s going to add a new movie and a new baby to that mix! In addition to appearing in this year’s The Big Bang alongside Antonio Banderas, Van Der Beek recently announced that he and girlfriend Kimberly Brook are expecting their first baby this fall. Van Der Beek might welcome the chance to catch a baby breather!