For Katherine Heigl and her husband, Josh Kelley, the past year has been an eventful one. In September, they announced they were adopting a baby girl with special needs from Korea. In November, they brought Naleigh home. Sometime between September and November, Naleigh underwent open-heart surgery to repair a congenital heart defect. And in January, Heigl's last episode of Grey's Anatomy aired. While the actress has pulled back her full-time TV acting, she has several movie projects that will release to theaters this year: Killers is scheduled to open in June, and Life As We Know It is scheduled to open in October. With so much happening in only a few short months, the rest of 2010 is sure to be interesting!
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
- Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody (aka, Brook Busey) recently confirmed that she and husband Dan are expecting their first. With all the teenage female angst she's written about, Cody may well be hoping for a boys!
- Robin Thicke and wife Paula Patton have news to sing about! The couple welcomed Julian Fuego April 6th, a few weeks earlier than his anticipated May delivery.
- Comics Unleashed host Byron Allen and his wife, Jennifer Lucas, welcomed their second daughter, Olivia Rose, on April 7th. Olivia joins big sister Chloe Ava, 19 months, in ruling the Lucas household.
- Dawson's all grown up! Dawson's Creek alum James Van Der Beek and his girlfriend, Kimberly Brook, are expecting their first baby this fall.
- Former LA Sparks star Lisa Leslie and her husband, Michael Lockwood, welcomed their second child on April 6th. Michael Joseph Lockwood II (who'll go by MJ) weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. MJ is the first boy in an until-now all-girl family. Big sister Lauren Jolie (2.5 years) will make a great playmate, while Mikaela (15) and Gabrielle (18) — Lockwood's children from a previous marriage — might come in handy as babysitters.
- Seriously, Grey's Anatomy writers might need to write a nanny into the script. Joining an ever-lengthening list of Grey's moms, Jessica Capshaw recently announced that she and husband Christopher Gavigan are expecting their second child later this year. The couple are already parents to 2.5-year-old son Luke.
- Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath may be singing about how sweet life is. In addition to recently becoming engaged to long-time girlfriend Carin Kingsland, McGrath also learned that he's going to be a first-time dad! The couple are expecting fraternal twins in May.
Earlier this year, Chyler Leigh, Ellen Pompeo and Katherine Heigl all welcomed baby girls to their respective families. Now co-star Eric Dane and his wife, Rebecca Gayheart, have learned that their baby — expected to arrive later this winter — is also a girl. The future of the Grey's Anatomy set is looking mighty pink!
First, it was Chyler Leigh, whose daughter Anniston Kae was born May 7th. Then, it was Ellen Pompeo, whose daugher Stella Luna, was born September 15th. Next, Katherine Heigl stepped in with her adopted baby, Naleigh. And now, yet another Grey's Anatomy star has got a baby on the way. Eric Dane (who plays Mark Sloan on the ABC drama) and his wife, Rebecca Gayheart, are expecting! Gayheart recently confirmed the much-speculated-about news to IN TOUCH WEEKLY.
Grey's Anatomy star Eric Dane has made no secret of his desire to be a father--and it looks like his wish has come true. He and wife, Rebecca Gayheart, were spotted strolling down the streets of Los Angeles this past weekend, and she was very obviously sporting a baby bump. While the couple has yet to confirm the good news, friends of the pair say they are most definitely expecting.
The Grey's Anatomy star and her husband, music producer Chris Ivery, welcomed their baby girl earlier this month. Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery was born on September 15th in LA. Stella is just one of the newest additions to the Grey's Anatomy family: she joins Anniston Kae (daughter of Chyler Leigh) and Naleigh (daughter of Katherine Heigl).
The Grey's Anatomy star and her husband, musician John Kelley, are adopting a baby girl from Korea. Heigl made the announcement on an episode of The Ellen Degeneres Show, which is scheduled to air this Friday.
Heigl's soon-to-be daughter is from Korea, and the couple plans to name her Naleigh, in honor of Heigl's mother and sister (Naleigh is a combination of the two names Nancy and Leigh). Naleigh, who will be a year old on Nov. 23, is a special-needs baby; according to Heigl, that's why the adoption process is moving quickly.
"They wanted to get her to us as quickly as possible," Heigl is quoted as saying in a TV GUIDE article.
Mommy-to-be Ellen Pompeo had a busy weekend. On Friday, she and hubby Chris Ivery checked out construction on their new home in Hollywood Hills, then headed to Porta Via for lunch.
On Saturday, Grey's Anatomy co-star Katherine Heigl hosted a baby shower for Pompeo. Guests at the outdoor soiree included Kate Walsh, Sandra Oh and Rebecca Gayheart, who brought gifts wrapped in yellow and pink, many purchased from Juvenile Shop in Sherman Oaks, where the parents-to-be are registered. A shower guest said that Pompeo was "gorgeous" in a white dress, in spite of the 104 degree heat.
The baby, a girl, is due in October.
First, there was Noah.
Then, there was Taelyn.
Earlier this year, Chyler Leigh — who plays Dr. Lexie Grey on the popular ABC show — and husband Nathan West welcomed the third addition to their brood: daughter Anniston Kae, who was weighed in on May 7th at 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
They've had a few years to get adjusted to parenthood — Noah is 5 1/2, and Taelyn is 2 1/2 — and Leigh says things have gotten easier, in a sense, as the couple has expanded their family. "…once you get used to multiples you figure out how to put things together quicker," she told PEOPLE in a recent interview.