The ClearBlue Fertility Monitor is an easy-to-use fertility tracker that detects both LH and estrogen hormones, and provides indicators for Low, High and Peak fertility days.
It’s non-invasive, and the manufacturer contends that results are comparable to serum-hormone measurements and ultrasound technology in gauging fertility–yet you can test yourself at home.
The ClearBlue Fertility Monitor stores up to six months of your daily records at a time, and provides advance notice for peak fertility. It tells you when to test and the level of fertility every day, requiring no subjective interpretation.
(Note that the monitor does not accurately work for women with PCOS, and for women taking some antibiotics.)
Instructions are as follows:
- On the first day of your period, you will press the M button to let the monitor know a new cycle has begun.
- Each day, you must switch on the Monitor and follow its directions.
- On mornings when the Monitor requires further information about your hormone changes, a test will be requested.
- Simply remove the test stick from its wrapper. (The majority of women need 10 test sticks each cycle. Women with irregular or long cycles may have to use 20 test sticks each cycle.) Point the Sampling End of the test stick downward in your urine for 3 seconds.
- Take the cap off the handle and place it over the Sampling End of the test stick and remove any excess urine.
- Holding the test stick by the cap, insert the test into the Monitor’s Test Stick Slot, pressing down until it clicks into place.
- The display will flash for approximately 5 minutes while reading your information.
- After 5 minutes, the Remove Test Stick symbol will flash. Once you have removed the test stick, your fertile status will be displayed.
The ClearBlue Fertility Monitor is available here.