Anne-Marie Duff and James McAvoy
James McAvoy, who’s appeared in a string of recent hit movies, and his wife, Anne-Marie Duff, have confirmed that they’re expecting their first child together. McAvoy, who’s film credits include The Chronicles of Narnia, The Last King of Scotland, Atonement and Wanted, is set to appear in this year’s The Conspirator.
Michael Saucedo and Rebecca Herbst
Yes, baby number three is on the way for the General Hospital actress and her husband, Michael Saucedo. Rebecca Herbst (@BeckyHerbstRHO) Tweeted a picture of her positive pregnancy test to alert fans to her baby news. Herbst and Saucedo are already parents to Ethan (8) and Ella (5). No word on a due date, and it’s probably too early to tell if the newest Saucedo will be a boy or a girl.
Jennifer Gareis and her fiancé, Bobby Ghassemieh, are expecting their first baby. The actress, who plays Donna on the CBC daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful, recently announced that the couple are looking forward to the arrival of their first son early this summer.
This Week’s Baby Beat
Jan 24, 2010 by Sarah C.
Did you catch all the baby news this week? Check out our weekly wrap-up to make sure you’re up-to-date on who’s expecting, welcoming and naming!
• Monica Bellucci, who costars in this summer’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and her husband Vincent Cassel are expecting their second! Baby number two is due this spring.
• Fatboy Slim was rocking the baby beat this week. He and wife Zoe Ball welcomed Nelly May Lois on January 11th.
• Jillian Barberie Reynolds also had a January 11th baby: Rocco Rio.
• Sean Patrick Thomas is saving another dance for a second baby, who’s due in June.
• Greg Vaughan and Touriya Haoud welcomed their second baby boy, Cavan Thomas, on January 19th.
• As the World Turns star Paolo Seganti added a fifth baby to his brood. Daughter Lucia was born last month on December 20th.
• Bo Bice and wife Caroline added a bass player to the Bice Brothers Band: Ean Jacob was born on January 22nd.
• It was a big week at the races! NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson and his wife, Chandra, announced they’re expecting their first baby in July. Meanwhile, Indy racer Justin Wilson and his wife Julia welcomed their second daughter, Jessica Lynne Wilson, on January 12th. Little Jessica, who weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces, was also welcomed by bib sis Jane Louise (21 months).
This week the babies ended in a tie: three boys to three girls! And nature-inspired names are really hot! Congrats to all the new parents!
Bo Bice and his wife Caroline welcomed their third baby boy on Friday. Ean Jacob Bice, who was originally scheduled for a January 31st delivery, weighed 8.5 pounds when he made his appearance. The announcement on Bice’s Web site dubbed Ean the bass player of the Bice Brothers Band. Little Ean has brothers Aidan Michael (4) and Caleb James (17 months) to round out his musical trio.
Paolo Seganti, who plays Damian on As the World Turns, and his wife, Carlotta Chang, welcomed their fifth child last month. Little Lucia was born on December 20th. Seganti and Chang have had plenty of practice to get ready for Lucia. The couple are already parents to Stella (9), Marcello (7), Maddalena (4) and Pippo (2). Seganti, who started his career as a boxer, better stay light on his toes to stay ahead of that bunch!
Greg Vaughan and Touriya Haoud
The General Hospital alum and his wife, Touriya Haoud, welcomed their second baby boy yesterday. Cavan Thomas Vaughan weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20-inches long. Those were familiar numbers to the couple, whose first son Jathan James (now 2.5 years) apparently measured the same!
Sean Patrick Thomas and Aonika Laurent
Summer is the blockbuster movie season, but Sean Patrick Thomas and his wife, Aonika Laurent, are looking ahead to a different kind of debut: baby number 2! The couple recently confirmed that their second child is expected to make his or her appearance in June. Thomas, who made his major debut in Save the Last Dance opposite Julia Stiles, has recently been busy with television projects Lie to Me (on which he plays Secret Service agent Karl Dupree) and Reaper (as Alan Townsend). The couple are already parents to 20-month-old Lola Jolie.
Grant Reynolds and Jillian Barberie Reynolds
The Good Day L.A. anchor said during a recent call to her co-anchors that her fears over having a Cesarean section were baseless. Jillian Barberie Reynolds and her husband, Grant, welcomed Rocco Rio on January 11th. Baby boy weighed in at 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Big sister Ruby Raven, 2.5 years, had to wait a few days to meet her baby brother, though. Hospital policy prevented children from visiting during flu season.
British musician Fatboy Slim (aka, Norman Cook) and his wife Zoe Ball welcomed their second child last week. According to PEOPLE, Nelly May Lois was born at 1:15 pm on January 14th. She weighed in at 8 pounds. Cook and Ball are also parents to eight-year-old Woody.